Saturday, May 1, 2010

On to the Next Thing


I did my triathlon and it was fabulous. Now, in truth, I thought I was going to die on the run, but knew I wasn't about to give up. I have way too much pride for that. I placed second in my age group and 17th in the fat tire division. I clocked in at 1:21:41. Not too bad since I really took it easy on the bike ride.

So now I'm on to the next thing. I'm going to run a 10k in four weeks. I ran 5miles today--the longest distance I've ever ran. My legs hurt, but I don't know if that's from running or more from all the yard work I did yesterday, though my hunch is the yard work.

My friend Erica, who is way more of a runner than me (stop shaking your head, Erica--you totally are) has convinced me to run a half-marathon with her in September. I don't know if I'm crazy, obsessed with challenges, or both, but I'm actually looking forward to doing it! We've found a few training plans online that look, oddly, quite do-able. I guess when you're already used to doing 5+ miles, what's a few more? It's not like I sprint or anything so I figure I just have to find a good pace and hold steady. I'm in it to finish not to win.

So if any of my friends out there want to train with us, let me know! I can promise it will be worth it--I haven't felt this good since my senior year of college!!! When I started training for my triathlon in late February I had no idea what a positive step I was taking. The changes in my body, mood, and self-confidence make all the little moments of training pain worth it! I'm never turning back.

1 comment:

  1. I totally didn't even know you had a blog, or that you did a tri-athalon! Way to go. If I lived closer I would totally train with you.

    ReplyDelete