Monday, March 28, 2011

R.I.P. Volvo V50

I had a little run-in with a concrete median a while ago. I could make it sound all dramatic but, frankly, it was nothing of the sort. It was one of those things that just shouldn't have happened but did. Watching carefully for oncoming traffic I overlooked the one stationary object that had an unknown prejudice against my car's undercarriage. One flat tire, an obliterated transmission, and a ruined suspension later, my car has been proclaimed "a total loss." I don't know what's worse at this point, the financial loss of a perfectly nice vehicle or the damage to my pride.

Now our upcoming visit to see our family has also turned into a car-buying trip. I can't lie and say I'm not excited by the prospect of a new vehicle, but I know that every time I get in said car my first thought will be "you are the car that shouldn't be."

So, dear reader, don't overlook stationary objects while driving. You never know when they will take you and your bank account for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment